Getting started with your first flipped lesson can seem like a daunting task, but we've created a planning document that will help walk you through the creation of your first flipped lesson! Access the planning document by clicking the link below. Make a copy or print one. When ready, continue to Part 1 below.
Part 1: Get Inspired
For the first activity, we are going to do some exploring. Pick a few of the flipped lesson examples below to review. As you watch, make note of what you like and dislike. In addition, analyze the following:
- Did the video make sense? Was it easy to follow?
- Did the speaker sound animated? Boring?
- How was the length of the video? Too short? Too long?
- Did the content work well for a flipped lesson?
- What types of activities could be done in-class with these lessons?